A day in Médoc
Starting at 525€ for the party
- Full day
- Private tour with transport
- English-speaking local guide with food and wine expertise
- Commented visit and tasting at three Chateaus (visit fees not included)
- Drive through the “Route des Chateaux”, the famous winery road
Bordeaux / Médoc / Bordeaux (65 miles/ 2h30 total transfer time)
Discover Médoc, home of the most renowned red wines in Bordeaux, where Cabernet Sauvignon is king.
9:30 AM – BORDEAUX
Pick up at your hotel in Bordeaux (or another location in Bordeaux).
10:30 AM – VISIT A « GRAND CRU CLASSÉ »
Visit a premium winery in the Margaux or Saint Julien appellations and taste the wines of the estate.
12:15 PM – LUNCH
Lunch at a charming local brasserie, at a gastronomic restaurant or go for a picnic lunch at a winery!
2:15 PM – VISIT A « GRAND CRU CLASSÉ »
Visit a top winery in Pauillac or Saint Estèphe and taste the wines of the estate.
4 PM – VISIT A FAMILY-OWNED ESTATE
Visit a Cru Bourgeois or another family-owned estate and discover their amazing wines!
6:30 PM – BORDEAUX
Arrive back at your hotel.
Wineries visited / Organization / Price
Examples of wineries visited during the day:
Château Pichon Baron, Château Lafite Rothschild, Château du Tertre, Château Beychevelle, Château du Moulin Rouge, Château Margaux, Château Mouton Rothschild, Château Prieuré Lichine, Château Paloumey, Château Lamothe Bergeron, Château Cos d’Estournel, Château d’Issan, Château Lascombes, Château Léoville Poyferré, Château Gruaud Larose, Château Kirwan, Château Giscours, Château Léoville Barton, Château Cantenac Brown, Château Brane Cantenac, Château Pedesclaux…
Each visit usually lasts between 1 and 2 hours and includes a presentation of the vineyard, the history of the chateau, a guided tour of the vat room and cellars. Your tour finishes with a tasting of the wine(s) of the estate.
- Private transportation
- Your English-speaking local wine guide/driver
- Winery visit fees, meals, any personal expenses, airfares, accommodation, travel insurance and tips.
- Generally anything not listed in the program.