A day in Sauternes & Pessac Léognan
Starting at 525€ for the party
- Full day
- Private tour
- Private transportation English-speaking local guide with food and wine expertise
- Guided visit and tasting at two to three Chateaux (visit fees not included)
- Optional: Picnic lunch at the Chateau! (not included)
Bordeaux / Graves / Bordeaux (65 miles/ 2h total transfer)
9:15 AM – BORDEAUX
Hotel Pickup in Bordeaux (or another location).
10 AM – VISIT A « GRAND CRU CLASSÉ »
Visit a top winery known for its wonderful dry white wines in the Pessac-Léognan appellation and taste the wines of the estate.
11 AM – VISITE ANOTHER « GRAND CRU CLASSÉ »
Visit another premium winery in the Pessac-Léognan appellation and taste the wines of the estate.
12:30 PM – LUNCH
Lunch at a charming local restaurant or picnic/snack lunch at a winery.
3:30 PM – VISIT A TOP WINERY IN THE SAUTERNES APPELLATION AND TASTE ITS WINE
Discover the secret of this lusciously sweet wine. Ride across the “Route du Sauternes” and discover many beautiful châteaux.
5:30 PM – BORDEAUX
Return to your hotel in Bordeaux.
Wineries visited / Organization / Price
Examples of wineries visited during the day:
Château Smith Haut Lafitte, Château Carbonnieux, Château Haut Brion, Château Mission Haut Brion, Château Haut Bailly, Château Carmes Haut Brion, Château La Tour Martillac, Château D’Yquem, Château Rayne Vignaud, Château Guiraud, Château Suduiraut, Château Doisy Daene, Château de Cérons…
Each visit usually lasts between 1 and 2 hours and includes a presentation of the vineyard, the history of the chateau, and a guided tour of the vat room and cellars. Your tour finishes with a tasting of the wine(s) of the estate.
- Private transportation
- Your local wine guide/driver
- Winery visit fees, meals, any personal expenses, airfares, accommodation, travel insurance, and tips.
- Generally anything not listed in the program.